Jonah 1:1

Well, it took a while, but here is my first post. Jonah 1:1!!

1:1 וַיְהִי דְּבַר־יְהוָה אֶל־יוֹנָה בֶן־אֲמִתַּי לֵאמֹר׃
For today, I will only address the first word ... וַיְהִי
My this one was a hard one to figure out how to do. I hope that this will do it justice... take a look... and listen at the end.

**** The video has been updated (3 1 09) ****



Alright, alright. Cheesy, i know, but i hope it got the contextual meaning across.

Just for some background information, this word comes from the root היה and is a פָּעַל or קַל form.

What are the different forms of this one as it progresses through the tenses? It is a tough one. I'll let that be a bit of homework for you if you will. : ) I'll give the answers next time. (haha... I hope I can figure out how!)

Bye for now!



0 comments:

Older Post Home

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds